Model solution M9 for occupational safety & health protection
The EKAS-certified model solution M9 is a comprehensive concept from SBIS for occupational safety and health protection. It supports companies in improving their working conditions and protecting the health and safety of their employees.
Model solution M9: The most important in a nutshell
- In model solutions, the company takes over from a consulting firm a safety system regarding occupational safety and health.
- The model solution M9 represents a standardized implementation of the legal requirements for the addition of the EKAS Directive 6508.
- It is approved by the EKAS (Federal Coordination Commission for Occupational Safety).
Which companies should look at the M9 model solution?
In particular - but not only - companies with special hazards should deal with the model solution M9 (see EKAS 6508). For example:
- Chemical industry
- Oil and gas extraction
- Transport and logistics
Legal basis model solution M9
The Ordinance on the Prevention of Accidents and Occupational Diseases (VUV) regulates in Article 11a to 11g the involvement of occupational physicians and other specialists in occupational safety in the companies. The EKAS guideline 6508 (ASA Beizugsrichtlinie) concretizes this requirement.
Who in the companies should be dealing with this?
The responsibility for occupational safety & health protection and the application of a safety system lies with the employer with its line organization. The safety officers are responsible for maintaining the safety system.
How does SBIS support?
SBIS adapts the model solution specifically to your company and thus provides a customer-optimized security system.
Further, SIBS supports you in areas such as:
- Establishing external specialists in occupational safety (ASA) or external safety officers
- Danger identification and risk assessment
- Assessment of workplaces or work equipment / machinery
- Safety equipment and protective measures
- Training and training concept
- Emergency organization
- Organization of occupational safety and health protection
Of course, we also support you after the successful introduction of the model solution and review the effectiveness as well as the documentation of the lived safety. The basis for this is a mandate contract.