Management system according to ISO 45001
Every company must deal with the issue of occupational health and safety. A systematic approach to this is provided by the ISO 45001 standard
Management system according to ISO 45001: The most important in a nutshell
- The ISO 45001 defines the requirements for an occupational health and safety management system to help organizations create safe and healthy workplaces.
- To prevent work-related injuries and illnesses, occupational health and safety performance is proactively and continuously improved.
- Companies that comply with the requirements of this standard can also receive a corresponding certificate.
- This demonstrates to employees and other interested parties the conformity and thus compliance with the relevant requirements of occupational health and safety.
- By implementing the requirements of ISO 45001, the company meets the legal and other requirements in the field of occupational health and safety.
Why is a management system according to ISO 45001 necessary?
- The application of this standard is intended to minimize risks to employees in the workplace and improve performance in the area of occupational health and safety management.
- In addition, it can help companies and organizations comply with legal requirements and statutory regulations relating to safety in the workplace.
- An ISO 45001 management system can also help companies and organizations work more effectively and productively. Resources are used in a targeted manner and processes are optimized.
- An ISO 45001 certification can improve the reputation of companies and organizations. It shows that the company cares about the health and safety of their employees.
Legal basis ISO 45001
The legal basis can be found in ISO 45001, which is an international standard for occupational health and safety management. It sets out requirements for a management system designed to improve the health and safety of employees. The standard is made up of several parts and includes, among other things, requirements for the planning, implementation and review of occupational health and safety activities.
A management system in accordance with ISO 45001 simultaneously confirms compliance with EKAS Guideline 6508.
What is ISO 45001?
ISO 45001 sets out the requirements for an occupational health and safety management system to help organizations create safe and healthy workplaces. To prevent work-related injuries and illnesses, occupational health and safety performance is proactively and continuously improved. ISO 14001 follows the "High Level Structure" (HLS) of ISO. This defines the sections:
- Section 1: Scope of the standard
- Section 2: Normative references
- Section 3: Terms, definition of terms
- Section 4: Context of the organization - purpose of the organization's activities, interested parties
- Section 5: Leadership and participation of employees, assignment of authority and responsibilities within the organization
- Section 6: Planning; identification of opportunities and risks
- Section 7: Support
- Section 8: Operation - core processes
- Section 9: Performance evaluation - reviewing the effectiveness of the system
- Section 10: Improvement
Who needs to deal with it?
The responsibility for the quality management system lies with the top management of a company. This can delegate the tasks to a quality manager, who is provided with directive powers so that he can enforce the improvements in the line.
How does SBIS support?
The SBIS supports companies in the creation, maintenance and audits. After passing an external audit, the company receives a certificate. With this certificate, the company proves the conformity to standards to customers and other interested parties.
In addition, SBIS audits your implementation of ISO 45001:
- Development of the basis for the ISO 45001 system
- Assistance in the procurement and development of the required documents
- Creation of the system
- Introduction of the system
- Training of employees
- Internal audits
If a management system already exists in your company (e. g.E.g. ISO 14001), we support you in the integration of the occupational safety management system, so that duplications are avoided.